Monday, February 13, 2006

hockey and the halfpipe

It was difficult to watch. The Stars 3rd period collapse against the Kings Sunday was of epic proportion. Four goals given up in the period and 3 within 2 minutes and 12 seconds. You CANNOT give up a 5-2 lead ever, let alone in the 3rd period. I cant decide which was worse, Turco's goaltending or the Stars porous defense which gave up a whopping 40 shots! The last 2 goals were definitely stoppable by Turco. Those are goals he cant give up in the playoffs, especially if I'm shelling out my cash to be there to see it. I'll be at the remaining home games this year which don’t resume until March due to the Olympic break (one which the Stars decided to take a period too early). They're 6-0 this year when I've gone so hopefully I didn't just jinx that. Hopefully the Stars come back refreshed and ready to play as they have a difficult schedule leading up to the playoffs and are only 2 points behind Detroit for the best record in the West. With Guerin starting to score, if the Modano line can get it in gear, the Stars will be a force to recon with come playoff time.

I'm now a big fan of the halfpipe. First the men go 1-2 and now the women as well.

Hannah Teter with a golden pose

Gretchen Bleiler and Hannah Teter

Gretchen, Hannah and Kjersti Buaas

No comments: